Protecting your privacy.
Your trust is very important to us. Because of this, we want to be transparent about why we collect information, the information we collect, how we use that information, and how we protect that information.
Why We Collect Your Information
Below are examples of how Client data helps us create a better, safer experience on our website and within our organization.
- Responding to your comments, requests and applications for programs such as adoption, fostering and volunteering.
- Sending relevant information including information about events, recent news and other updates.
- Providing personalized content and experiences on our websites.
- Enhancing your experience with Greyhound Life, Inc. and our website.
- Developing new programs and events to cater more to what you want from our organization.
- Better understanding your use of our websites.
- Determining your satisfaction with our programs.
- Processing payments securely
- Safeguarding the property or other rights of our Clients, Associates and Organization.
How We Collect Your Information
There is some information that you voluntarily share with us.
This includes information used to register for our volunteer program, to complete an online adoption application or to create an account when making a contribution. For example:
- Name, address, phone and email
- Billing information (we do not store your credit card data)
- Communication preferences
- An encrypted version of your password
- Driver’s license number for certain types of programs and for ID verification
We collect some information when you visit our website or when you use our online services.
We may collect this information automatically and link it to other information we already know about you. For example, when you sign up for our volunteering program, we may associate your contribution activity with your online activity when you engage with our website. Additionally, when you are logged in to our website, we may link the device IDs or types to your account.
This includes pages you visit on our website and Greyhounds you add to your favorites list.
Cookies, web beacons and other technology.
When you visit our website or open one of our emails, we may automatically collect information about you using tracking technology, including:
- Internet Protocol address
- Unique device or user ID
- System and browser type
- Referring website address
- Content and pages you access on our website
- Dates, times and locations when actions take place
We use this technology for system administration and troubleshooting, and to identify you so we can enhance your overall experience.
We use third-party technology to better understand your online behavior. By doing so, we can present relevant content online and send you relevant emails.
When you connect to one of our website through a third party, we may collect information from their website. For example, if you choose to associate your social media identity with Greyhound Life, Inc., the site may provide us with certain information from your social media account.
This may include, without limitation:
- User ID
- Interactions with our posts
- Certain demographic information
- Other information shared with us based on your account settings
As part of a program application process and to assist us in determining your identity (when applicable) we may also gather information about you from other sources, including consumer research firms and public databases.
How We Share Your Information
We do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties except as required with certain partners for the purpose of operating our organization, for the purpose of analytics and for the purpose of processing program applications.
We may rely on certain partners to:
- Host our websites
- Deliver postal and electronic mail, and mobile messages
- Conduct analysis to improve our website.
- Fulfill orders you place, manage payments and answer your questions
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, so that we can send more relevant communications to you
- Display preferences you share with us
We use Google Analytics.
Google uses non-personally identifiable information such as browser type, hardware or software information, cookies, session ID, time or date, and click-stream information. They may also collect and share personally identifiable information such as a static IP address. We may provide your personal information to third-party companies that display purchase-based or interest-based ads. In addition, others (advertisers and ad networks, ad serving companies, or other service providers) may infer user interests or purchase history based on interactions with, or clicks on, personalized ads or content.
Your password and login information are never shared.
Other reasons we may share your information:
- To safeguard the rights and property of our Clients, the public or Greyhound Life, Inc..
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, regulatory requirements or requests from public authorities
- For fraud prevention
How We Protect Your Information
We use appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your information. For example, we use Transport Layer Security (TLS/SSL) to encrypt the information we exchange with you. That way, access to data is limited through the use of technological safeguards. We also comply with payment card industry data security standards during the processing of credit and debit card transactions.
We encourage you to use complex passwords and to change them regularly. While we use both passwords and usernames to protect information online, we also protect your information offline. Only Associates who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to our Clients’ data. Associates who violate Client privacy safeguards are subject to disciplinary action, including ejection from our organization.
Do Not Track
Children’s Online Privacy
Our websites are for a general audience and are not geared toward children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior consent of a parent or guardian. If you believe your child may have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please call 1-800-614-GREY and we will remove it.
Your Communications Preferences and Choices
We value our relationship with you, and communications are an important part of that relationship.
We understand that our Clients are individuals, and communications preferences will vary by Client. That is why we offer you the ability to manage what types of communications you receive from us, and the ability to manage or change your preferences. Here’s how you can do so:
If you have an online account with Greyhound Life, Inc., you can manage your subscriptions to email via your Greyhound Life, Inc. Account page.
Please allow a reasonable amount of time for any changes to take effect.